FC Academy is hiring!
March 11, 2020
FC Academy is an educational program created by Filmmakers Collaborative that is geared toward teaching students ages 8 – 18 how to make short films.
We believe that introducing kids to the latest technology and filmmaking techniques – as well as giving them a vehicle for expressing themselves creatively – will provide them with invaluable tools for their academic futures and beyond.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the FC Academy Filmmaking Instructor will provide
instruction to students in cities and towns throughout Greater Boston (potentially including
Cape Cod) on the filmmaking process.
This is a contract position that will run from July 6 – August 28, 2020. Classes also available to teach over the April school vacation week from April 21-24, 2020.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• You MUST like working with kids. Working with this age group is fun but exhausting!
• Expertise in film production
• Competence in Adobe Premiere
• Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to quality
• Must have a car or access to transportation to each of the class locations
• Teach the film process: brainstorming, storyboarding, writing scripts, shooting, lighting and sound
production and editing with Adobe Premiere Software
• Inspire thoughtful, creative and fun films that students will be proud to screen in front of family and
• Help design instruction and implement curriculum
• Finalize all films made in the program and upload to google drive for screening at BIKFF
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
TIME COMMITMENT: each Monday – Friday, 9am – 3pm, July 8 – August 28, 2020
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume and letter to
Laura Azevedo, Executive Director, Filmmakers Collaborative