FC is hiring!
June 22, 2021
FILMMAKERS COLLABORATIVE IS SEEKING A BUSINESS MANAGER
About our organization: Founded in 1987, Filmmakers Collaborative (FC) is a nationally recognized 501(c)3 that encourages and supports the making of great films and media projects by people of all ages and experience levels. We offer fiscal sponsorship, mentoring and workshops to a diverse and national community that includes award-winning PBS documentarians, first-time producers and directors, and young people just discovering the power and potential of visual media. Our programming efforts include the Boston International Kids Film Festival and FC Academy, an after-school and summer filmmaking program in which we teach middle and high school students how to make short films. We are a small,
very ambitious office that is looking for someone who is passionate about helping independent filmmakers to be successful and eager for the opportunity to help expand our membership and our impact.
Position Overview: The role of the Business Manager is to work closely with the Executive Director and
falls into the two general categories of grants and member management.
This is a part time position: 20 hours per week and the office is in Melrose, MA. Working remotely is an option.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications:
– Proficiency in Quickbooks Online software for entering incoming and outgoing grant funding,
tracking the operating budget, and generating financial status reports to members.
– Ability to track budgets and fulfill the detailed reporting requirements for all donors
– Excellent communication and writing skills
– Ability to manage multiple projects
– Prioritize and meet strict deadlines
– Overall responsibility for all bookkeeping, including entering deposits (grants, donations,
accounts receivables), paying invoices, issuing invoices, and reconciling the books on a
– Track receipt of quarterly reports for all projects under fiscal sponsorship.
– Issue letters of acknowledgment and tax-deductible status of donations
– Monitor membership database and receipt of dues.
– Prepare financial reports for board meetings and others as requested.
– Process all grant application requests and monitor grant deliverables.
– Oversee drafting and execution of fiscal sponsorship agreements.
– Track budgets for general operations and all programming initiatives.
– Participate in preparation of books annual audit
– Manage day-to-day office operations including paying invoices, tracking the operating budget
and overseeing payroll.
– Provide excellent customer service to FC members, prospective members and community via
phone and email
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and references to:
Laura Azevedo, Executive Director