General membership is open to any filmmaker or media industry professional who wishes to be part of the FC community. By paying annual dues of $130/year (or $50/year for students), general members are listed on the FC website, have access to other members through our FC Google Group, receive the annual password to our Foundation Directory Online account, receive our newsletter and other informational emails, and get discounts at workshops and conferences that we sponsor.
To become a general member, click here.
Sponsored membership refers to all filmmakers (whether general members are not) who have applied to us for fiscal sponsorship and have been accepted. They should have a project for which they are seeking funding, and a well though out treatment or proposal plus a budget.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are reviewed by FC staff. Decisions are made within 2-3 weeks after acceptance of all necessary materials.
To be considered, your project can fall into any of the following categories:
a) documentary films and other works of nonfiction;
b) narrative, experimental, and animated films;
c) films produced by first-time filmmakers;
d) websites and other ancillary materials related to films.
HOW TO APPLY:
Criteria for FC film/video projects:
• Projects that have social or educational value;
• Projects that present a unique point of view or shed new light on a topic;
• Projects that will appeal to a broadcast or theatrical audience;
• Project director has clearly illustrated a fundraising ability and identified potentially appropriate sources of funding for the project.
If your project fits these criteria, please e-mail the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. A thoughtful, clearly written treatment or proposal (2-5 pp) with an introductory paragraph that concisely explains the intention and visual treatment of your film.
2. For narrative films, please send a film script, if you have one.
3. A well-thought out fundraising strategy (1-2 pp).
4. A well-developed budget, realistic and consistent with your narrative that includes all phases: pre-production, production and post-production.
5. CV’s or bios of principle production personnel (Producer, Director, Writer, Cinematographer, Editor. (generally, 1 paragraph per person).
6. Please upload onto Vimeo or YouTube a video sample of either the project for which you’re applying or a past project indicative or your work and include the link to the video with your e-mailed materials.
Please call 781-647-1102 or e-mail email@example.com
if you have any questions or need clarification.
Thanks for your interest in FC!